Accomplished and passionate educator with 8 years experience in providing high quality and meaningful experiences for all students. An advocate of healthy and active school communities with the leadership qualities and skills necessary to collaborate and drive positive school change.
Health & Physical Education - Masters of Education University of Alberta, 2020 (in progress)
International Baccalaureate - Certificate in Teaching & Learning Bethel University, 2016
Bachelor of Education Brock University, 2012
Bachelor of Physical Education (Honours) Brock University, 2011
Korea International School of Jeju, South Korea (2016-Present)
- Head of Physical Education (2018 - Present) Vertically and horizontally aligned a K-12 PE curriculum to ensure breadth and depth of student experience. Provided department members on-going professional development centered around meaningful experiences, salutogenic approaches to health and areas of practitioner identified personal growth.
- Athletic Director (2018-Present) Grew athletics program to include over 70% of the school population through the revision and alignment of policies and coach education. Experience hosting inclusive international competitions with on-campus boarding. Successfully applied for school membership into international athletic conference.
- High School Physical Education Teacher Engaged grade 9-12 students in a wide-variety of physical activities, orienting lessons to personal goals and providing cognitive and procedural choices in order to empower students to take ownership over their pursuit of lifelong physical activity.
- Grade 10 Advisory Lead (2017-18) Established initiatives through collaboration with grade level and school wide teachers to increase the social-emotional well-being of students across each grade level when compared to baseline measures.
Delia School of Canada, Hong Kong 2012 - 2016
- Head of Physical Education and The Arts (2014- 2016) Led on-going professional development sessions to become data driven, seek feedback on student experiences and develop initiatives to help see the value in our non-compulsory subjects. This professional learning helped teachers spark a significant rise in students electing to take non-compulsory courses in Drama and Visual Arts programs.
- High School Physical Education Teacher (2012-16) A key area of focus was educating students on the importance of health and wellbeing within an academically driven culture. I was successful in changing student perceptions and increasing their commitment to physical activity as evident in the growth in enrollment of non-compulsory physical education classes, including senior elective courses which I pioneered. To support student learning, I have published two interactive iBooks in student friendly language to help students further understand complex body systems and workout design principles, in addition to developing a holistic view of their own personal health.
- Athletics Coordinator (2014-2016): Fostered growth in school spirit and culture resulting in a large increase in the number of competitive teams and school events (such as first annual Athletic Banquet). In recognition, I was nominated to serve on the ISSFHK (domestic league) Executive committee in 2015.